SOL Day 7 - Today's Word Is Joy

I love my job! No two days are exactly the same, and the work is challenging. Eleven years ago, I declared my intentions to work my way towards this position. A year and a half ago, I finally succeeded. I cried, no sobbed is a better word, for a full twenty minutes when I got the call.

Now we are working on a restructuring that I DO believe will benefit our students. I can see the potential, and I understand the need. It doesn't make facing the end of the dream any easier to bear. 

So how do you make peace with that? For me, it means setting my frame of mind before I leave the house. I believe that happiness is mostly a choice. There are countless blessings to see if I'm looking with that as a focus. There are also countless irritations and doubts if I let that be the focus. 

Joy - delight, happiness, well-being. Today's word is joy. I choose joy.  

Comments

  1. Yes, happiness is a choice.... and to be unhappy is a choice. I'm with you, choosing joy every morning when I open my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had many disappointments on my job, primarily related to decisions about who teaches what. These are often political or based in religion and patriarchy. Ultimately, I must put on a happy face for my students and for myself because in the final analysis, nobody really gives a s#%@ if I'm miserable. People are caught up in their own problems, but by looking outward rather than having a pity party, happiness comes to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL Day 15 - Today's Word Is Random

SOL Day 8 - Today's Word Is Thankful

SOL Day 19- Today's Word Is Tired