SOL Day 13 - Today's Word Is Restful

I started today in the middle of last night - I picked my daughter and her college friend up from the airport at midnight. It was nearly 1:00 this morning before we pulled into the driveway.

As tired as I was driving to the airport, I loved the shift in my schedule. During the work week, I am an early riser. Not because I love to get up early - it's more about the quiet hour or two of work with no one around to interrupt. But my true nature is a night owl. I love staying up late working on projects, reading, or watching old movies. I feel like I get the best sleep from 2:00 am to 9:00 am. I tend to wake up naturally and feel so rested. Every time we have a week or more off from school I fall back into this pattern - it's who I am.

What a blessing it is to have these days to rest and just be me. 

Tranquil, soothing, peaceful...today's word is restful.

Comments

  1. I’ve found my sleep patterns change as I age. This year in particular I’ve struggled to rise early. I think my body is telling me it’s time to retire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that that first quiet hour or two is necessary. I've become more of an early riser as I've gotten older. It's interesting that you are able to fall back into your natural sleep rhythms when you're off from school. I have a feeling that many teens would be very happy if the world could be arranged according to your natural sleep schedule!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL Day 15 - Today's Word Is Random

SOL Day 8 - Today's Word Is Thankful

SOL Day 19- Today's Word Is Tired