SOL Day 17 - Today's Word Is Refresh

I love the water. By water, I mean the ocean. I was born in Corpus Christi, and I think the call of the sea is in my blood. Every so often, I feel pulled to make a trip to the coast.

So on our honeymoon, we went to San Francisco. It was amazing! I can still see the beautiful, blue water in my mind. We didn't stay in a hotel on the water, but we managed to spend most of our time at the waterfront.

After our honeymoon, we decided to forego anniversary gifts to each other in order to save up and go on trips every five years. Our fifth anniversary, I was pregnant with our third child, so we didn't travel far - Fort Worth! But all of the other trips - our 10th, 15th, 20th, and 25th - have been to cities on the water. 

We went back to San Francisco for our tenth anniversary. We loved it so much on our honeymoon, and there were many places we wanted to see that we didn't get to the first time around. After all, it was our honeymoon!

Our other trips have been to Niagara Falls, New York, and Boston. Each trip was unique in its own way, but all had water in common. 

In the years in between these anniversaries, I try to get to the Gulf as often as I can. There is just something about the sights, sounds, and smells of the coast. It refreshes my soul and re-centers me. 

Revive, revitalize, energize...today's word is refresh.

Comments

  1. Your post makes me want to take a trip, NOW! The water does all of those things you describe. It is just plain good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL Day 15 - Today's Word Is Random

SOL Day 8 - Today's Word Is Thankful

SOL Day 19- Today's Word Is Tired