SOL Day 12 - Today's Word Is Sister

She's older than I am by a year and a few months, but you'd think we were twins by the way our brains think alike. No matter how long it's been since we've seen each other or talked to each other, we pick right back up where we left off. 

Most of my favorite childhood memories are about times we got into trouble together. I don't remember all of the specifics of what we did, but I do remember the laughter. Laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. We never had to say anything - just a look could cause the stomach-seizing laughter to erupt. 

Now that we're grown, we still share that unshakable bond. We've shared all of life's roller coaster ride with each other, both the ups and the downs. She is a constant in my life, and someone I can always count on to lift me up. I know she feels the same about me.

Our mothers are sisters, so we are technically cousins. But I call her sister because that's who she is to me.

Companion, friend, partner in crime...today's word is sister.

Comments

  1. So sweet! I love the descriptions of your relationship with your sister/cousin. :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely tribute to your cousin, and that you were writing about your cousin surprised me when I got to that part.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOL Day 15 - Today's Word Is Random

SOL Day 8 - Today's Word Is Thankful

SOL Day 19- Today's Word Is Tired